innovative content developer eager to contribute exemplary project management expertise and solid background in the education arena toward supporting a dynamic company in meeting business goals and objectives.
substantial experience throughout all phases of product-to-market lifecycle with proven talents in developing and designing award-winning ideas and fresh, original content.
specialize in development of multi-functional educational products, materials and programs which span multiple age groups.
proactively research and determine market viability to fine-tune product/content development and design strategy, while optimizing success in both retail and educational market segments.
demonstrate exceptional organizational, prioritization, and communication skills in managing in-house and freelance contributors, participating in packaging and manufacturing decisions, and partnering with sales team to deliver product training.
able to seamlessly collaborate with designers, illustrators, marketing personnel, and production staff despite strict timeline and budget parameters to consistently achieve project success.
advanced skills with adobe indesign, illustrator and photoshop software.
schools for energy efficiency, 2008 to present
program and content development manager
- spearhead complete product life cycle from conceptualization and design through to packaging and market introduction.
- resourcefully steer design and development of educational and technical program guides, teacher guides, awareness poster campaigns, communication templates, and a broad range of product extensions.
- apply dynamic leadership talents toward coordinating, supervising and delegating tasks to freelance staff, as well as training and directing in-house personnel.
- authored grant submission which earned $400k award in support of program development efforts.
trend enterprises, inc. 2005 to 2008
product content development manager
- leveraged outstanding creativity to conceive, design, and develop instructional products and accompanying educational materials for students in kindergarten through high school.
- collaborated with creative director, art director and team of artists to create products such as learning charts, bulletin board sets, wipe-off books, emergent readers, number lines, accompanying extension activities and teacher guides, books, and make-n-takes for outside vendors.
- exhibited sharp attention to accuracy in editing all product content materials.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy page 2 of 2
professional experience continued
- navigated complete product/content development initiatives from inception to completion consistently meeting critical deadlines and insuring staff availability for all projects.
- educated sales, marketing and customer service teams on current product offerings.
- contributed strategic thinking abilities toward effectively positioning products in education and retail channels.
seaview community services, seward, alaska, 2000 to 2002
human resources director
- proficiently drove full spectrum of hr functions inclusive of interviewing/hiring, orientation, benefits administration, employee relations, counseling, coaching, and exit interviews.
chugach heritage center, seward, alaska, 1997 to 2000
- directed, motivated, supervised and managed 20 employees while overseeing advertising, marketing, vendor relations, and purchasing of inventory for gift shop.
earth resources association, minneapolis, minnesota 1994 to 1996
- served as managing editor of children s publication explorer with circulation of 50,000 readers.
- interviewed and hired writers, devised production schedule, and teamed with art director to develop visually-appealing artwork and design layout.
- facilitated production meetings to ensure, enforce and maintain adherence to publishing schedules and budget.
- created all accompanying educational materials including first teachers guide for publication.
● ● ●
prior background includes role as reading specialist,
westside elementary/seward elementary, wisconsin & alaska, 1991 to 1995.
bachelor of science, education, uw-river falls, graduated with honors
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!