field engineer career profile
skillfully conducts technical analysis of system implementations, modifications, and enhancements to systems in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations. troubleshoots technical system problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with system and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company for coordinative product solution. held accountable for the operational readiness, maintenance, and repair of digital processing and control equipment including computer mainframes, peripherals, interface devices, control console interfaces, alphanumerical keyboards, and digital processing equipment. engage in maintenance activities including system/subsystem fault isolation and checkout using software/hardware diagnostics, module/component replacement, and bench repair of different cards and modules.
senior field engineer
end-user needs analysis / documentation
system and subsystem diagnostics
team leadership / subject matter expert
technical problem isolation & solutions
application administration / security
lockheed martin corporation, afghanistan
sr. field engineer, 10/07 c present
- lay out, build, test, troubleshoot, repair, and modify developmental and satellite communication equipment, electronic components, parts, and ptds system including all subsystems: hydraulic, power generation, avionics, weather station, communication systems, and it infrastructure. provide technical support for the lm ptds aerostat isr program.
- applied principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics.
- promoted to army contract office representative status and implemented ptds site contracts.
kellogg, brown, & root services, iraq
it desktop tech ii, 05/07 c 09/07
- stood as subject matter expert for the hvac, rowpu, fuel distribution, and operations department.
- entered commands and observed system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors in cisco wired and wireless devices and satellite communications equipment.
- traveled iraq to install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- evaluated software or hardware, and recommended improvements or upgrades.
rowpu operator, 11/06 c 05/07
- repaired, installed, adjusted, or maintained water treatment/processing machinery including refinery and pipeline distribution systems.
- operated and adjusted controls on equipment to purify/clarify water, processing sewage and chemicals in compliance with tb med 577 and kbr sop 1m, water operations, and task order 139.
av concepts, tempe, az
help desk manager / system administrator, 08/06 c 11/06
- provided technical assistance to system users; resolved computer concerns for clients using various microsoft office applications, act! 6.0 and macola accounting software.
- administrated a windows 2003 domain environment and managed anti-virus/disaster recovery solutions.
- monitored network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- recommended changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determined hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
page 1 of 2
james wynne page 2 of 2
maricopa county library district, phoenix, az
lan applications support supervisor, 05/05 c 08/06
- installed, configured, and supported microsoft network operating systems, local area network (lan), wide area network (wan), and individual segments of network system.
- directed the success of pc/lan technicians including scheduling, training, and supervision.
- planned, directed, or coordinated the activities of personnel engaged in activities such as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming.
- evaluated the organization's technology use and needs and recommended improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades, and microsoft license accountability and compliance.
contractor, phoenix, az
system administrator, 07/04 c 05/05
- evaluated data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements including microsoft network operating system implementation, configuration of raid arrays, and desktop operating system migration.
- implemented and interpreted organizational goals, policies, and procedures as project manager and team leader.
- developed computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
- directed daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards, and setting deadlines.
ikon office solutions, buffalo, ny
field engineer, 11/03 c 07/04
- acquired certification an hp, compaq, dell, and ibm hardware service technician for laptops, desktops, workstations, and servers; obtained certification as a hp, xerox, and lexmark laser printer technician.
- oversaw weekly technical meetings and suggested new objectives and goals.
***additional experience as pc specialist contractor and nuclear power plant mechanical operator for the us navy***
excelsior college, albany, ny
bachelor of science in nuclear engineering technology, exp. grad date 12/08
microsoft certified professional, phoenix, az 08/05
comptia network+ certification, buffalo, ny04/04
comptia a+ certification, buffalo, ny 07/03
us navy, usa ~ nuclear power plant operator (mm2/elt), 09/96 c 10/01
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!