yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
p.o. box 0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000 telephone: (xxx-xxx-xxxx e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
~ eager to contribute experience and credentials toward serving as a harbor pilot. ~
offer 15 years of progressive experience in maritime field to current role as chief mate on unlimited tonnage ships.
enthusiastic, dedicated and committed to continuous learning and development.
excel in maneuvering ships with a broad range of propulsion systems such as steam, diesel and diesel electric, single screw with controllable pitch, twin screw, and z-drive configurations.
master, unlimited tonnage, oceans, uscg, 2009
bachelor of science degree, marine transportation, texas a&m university, galveston, tx, 2000
- recipient of william paul ricker memorial scholarship
completed requirements to test for first class pilot
chief mate -- horizon lines, 2007 to present
- observe pilots as navigational watch officer and leverage advanced capabilities in emergency response as vessel security officer and medical officer.
- spearhead all safety and training drills and maintain associated documentation.
- meticulously monitor, track and administer operating budget to ensure cost control.
- enforce and direct preventive maintenance program vital to ensuring optimum safety, efficiency and ship performance.
second mate -- hapag lloyd c usa / maersk line, ltd., 2003 to 2007
- stood bridge watch in both pilotage waters and confined sea routes and created safe and executable voyage plans.
- regularly inspected bridge equipment and performed upgrades and maintenance as needed.
third mate -- united states ship management / patriot / waterman steamship lines, 2000 to 2003
- stood bridge watch in pilotage waters and confined sea routes.
- enforced adherence to safety policies and procedures, and exercised a sharp eye for detail in inspecting and maintaining lifesaving and firefighting equipment.
captain -- sandlapper tours / pro-motion fishing charters, 1996 to 2003
- diligently ensured 100% passenger and vessel safety as captain of m/v palmetto 50-passenger charter boat.
prior background includes role as harbor tug deck hand for mcallister towing.
propeller club of the us coastal conservation association u.s. sailing association
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
p.o. box 0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000
hiring agent name
i am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity as a harbor pilot and am submitting my resume for your review. in advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
as illustrated in the accompanying resume, i bring to you an unlimited master s license, 15 years of maritime experience, and the flexibility to skillfully handle simultaneous priorities with an unwavering commitment to safety. to complement these qualifications, i offer sharp navigational, problem solving, and planning skills which are essential as a harbor pilot.
if selected, you will find me to be a self-motivated professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through integrity and an exemplary work ethic. i am confident that i am an ideal candidate for this opportunity, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!