performance-focused eh&s and facility manager eager to contribute broad-scope background toward actively collaborating with the employer in boosting efficiency, quality and profitability of operations.
proficiency in behavior-based safety management, safety audits, incident and accident investigations, and designing and launching programs related to lo/to (lock-out/tag-out), bbp (blood borne pathogens), confined spaces, hazcom (hazard communication), workers compensation, and ppe (personnel protective equipment) assessments. methodical problem solver with a solid track record of quickly identifying hazards, assessing risks, and conducting in-depth inspections to ensure stringent compliance with safety rules and regulations. excel in fostering, nurturing and maintaining cohesive and collaborative relationships across an organization. conduct frequent safety meetings to maximize personnel awareness and engagement.
developed and effectively transitioned company environmental and safety program into a behavior-based program to improve results.
designed and conducted plant-wide environmental and safety audits which identified 1,100+ issues and produced a 99% resolution rate.
led msds (material safety data sheet) audits to determine 80%+ compliance.
championed development and introduction of tracking systems to proactively uncover, respond to, and mitigate safety risks.
improved safety throughout the workplace by analyzing near misses, recordables , and lost time charts by area.
slashed lost time days and restrictive days by 60%.
researched multiple workers compensation companies to identify and secure most cost-effective rate, and resourcefully reduced overall insurance costs (workers compensation and medical) by combining policies with single company.
authored, implemented and administered comprehensive drug and safety programs, and successfully captured 30% reduction in drug-related injuries by initiating drug-free work environment, pre-employment drug screening and random testing of personnel.
elevated safety compliance by innovatively initiating daily safety talks and safety tips of the week.
takumi stamping, inc., 2009 to present
environmental and safety coordinator
- spearhead lo/to, hazcom, bbp, confined spaces, powered equipment, agency inspection, jsa s, ppe assessments, workers compensation, and respirator program for manufacturer of automobile parts.
- orient and educate new hires in safety rules, policies and regulations to ensure understanding and compliance.
- administer iso 14001 environmental program with a focus on measurably reducing waste and improving recycling activities.
professional experience continued . yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ---- page 2 of 2
dana corporation, dry ridge, ky, 2007 to 2008
- drove full-scope eh&s operations for manufacturer of truck axles including iso 14001 environmental program, waste reduction strategy development, fortifying recycling efforts, and developing preventive maintenance programs for physical plant and grounds.
dana corporation, owensboro, ky, 2001 to 2007
- proficiently directed, enforced and monitored compliance with complete spectrum of safety regulations, i.e. lo/to, hazcom, bbp, confined spaces, powered equipment, etc. for truck frame production facility.
- actively supported human resource department by creating and delivering safety presentations and training, establishing and chairing safety and ergonomic team, serving as certified first responder, and processing worker compensation claims.
- exercised keen organizational and prioritization skills as company s iso 14001 internal auditor.
whitehall furniture, llc., owensboro, ky, 1999 to 2000
- adeptly steered production operations including management and supervision of 150 employees.
- monitored and diligently enforced health and safety compliance while optimizing manufacturing efficiency, cost containment, quality control, and waste reduction.
newood display fixture manufacturing company, eugene, or, 1981 to 1999
steadily advanced through a series of promotions to direct all plant operations encompassing staffing, health/safety, financial administration, and policy and procedure development.
strategically planned and allocated $1m operating and capital budgets as well as inventory to maximize use of resources, contain costs and boost bottom-line profits.
- oversaw all external agency inspections (osha, epa, fire department and storm water runoff).
- maintained business continuity during peak production times by outsourcing work to 50 temporary employees.
- expanded company from 15 employees to 65 and orchestrated enhancements to 30 product lines.
- applied dynamic leadership talents toward planning, scheduling, directing and coordinating remodeling of two plants.
- decreased staff turnover by elevating morale, enhancing workplace climate, encouraging employee empowerment, and providing training and development opportunities.
bs, mathematics and science, oregon state university, corvallis, or
aa, business management, lane community college, eugene, or
member, site advisory team on education in the work place, lane community college
member, greater hamilton safety council
guest speaker, worker and supervisor and health conference.
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!