proven leader and civil engineering professional efficient in creating and maintaining a positive flow during projects by utilizing what resources and facilities are available. organize resources and employees to ensure effective project management. plan by prioritizing customer, employee, and organizational requirements. maintain and monitor staff expectations and motivation to fulfill organizational requirements and factors for the measurement of performance and consideration of efficiency versus effectiveness. licensed well contractor.
rock coring/spt boring
operations manager/south florida, 03/2007 to present
williams earth sciences, pompano beach, fl
- maintain a consistent understanding of the happenings behind the company's core operations and continually actively seek after operations improvement.
- ensure that business operations are efficient and oversee the scheduling of staff, management of resources, the distribution of services to clients, marketing, invoicing, and project management.
- inspect construction/drilling projects to analyze engineering problems, applying geological knowledge and using test equipment and drilling machinery.
- investigate the composition, structure, and history of the earth's crust through the collection, examination, measurement, and classification of soils, minerals, rocks, or fossil remains.
- locate and estimate probable natural gas, oil, and mineral ore deposits and underground water resources, using aerial photographs, charts, or research and survey results.
senior geotechnical driller, 06/2002 to 03/2007
- planned and conducted geological, geochemical, and geophysical field studies and surveys, sample collection, or drilling and testing programs used to collect data for research or application.
- analyzed and interpreted geological, geochemical, and geophysical information from sources such as survey data, well logs, bore holes, and aerial photos.
- operated water-well drilling rigs and other equipment to drill, bore, and dig for water wells or for environmental assessment purposes.
- placed and installed screens, casings, pumps, and other well fixtures in order to develop wells.
- assessed ground and surface water movement to provide advice regarding issues such as waste management, route and site selection, and the restoration of contaminated sites.
- conducted geological and geophysical studies to provide information for use in regional development, site selection, and development of public works projects.
- applied software for the analysis and interpretation of geological data.
- prepared geological maps, cross-sectional diagrams, charts, and reports concerning mineral extraction, land use, and resource management, using results of field work and laboratory research.
- acquired a water well contractor s license in the state of florida.
senior geotechnical driller, 10/1994 to 06/2002
s.t.s. consultants, vernon hills, illinois
- documented geological formations encountered during foundation soil borings, rock coring, and vane shear testing.
- drilled or bored holes in rock for blasting, grouting, anchoring, or building foundations.
- monitored drilling operations, checking gauges and listening to equipment to assess drilling conditions and to determine the need to adjust drilling or alter equipment.
- reviewed client requirements and proposed locations for drilling operations to determine feasibility, and to determine cost estimates.
- selected and attached drill bits and drill rods, adding more rods as hole depths increase, and changing drill bits as needed.
- selected the appropriate drill for the job, using knowledge of rock or soil conditions.
- verified depths and alignments of boring positions.
- withdrew drill rods from holes, and extracted core samples.
bachelor of science in earth sciences
illinois university, macomb, illinois
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!