Dedicated and accomplished Dietician and Clinical Operations Director eager to contribute
substantial background in Nutrition and Wellness toward supporting a progressive organization in optimizing bottom-line performance.
- Significant background in teaching, training, coaching and delivering educational lectures and workshops to community members, patients, staff, and students.
- Vast experience in directing clinical facility operations including financial administration, marketing, policy and procedure development, food services, patient education, and quality assurance.
- Advanced knowledge of nutritional trends, cancer and heart disease prevention, physical fitness, and emerging science in health and nutrition.
- Proven capabilities in strategic planning and coordinating business development programs.
- Self-directed, resourceful, and energetic with a solid reputation for integrity and motivational skills.
Health Navigators, 2010 to Present
Consulting Wellness Dietitian
- Leverage superior dietetic knowledge to provide education, guidance and nutritional intervention to program participants in efforts to reduce risk of cardiac disease and cancer.
Kaplan University, 2008 to Present
Adjunct Professor, School of Health Sciences
- Effectively plan, coordinate and deliver instruction in Nutrition, Medical Nutrition Therapy, Life Cycle Nutrition, Ecology and Environmental Nutrition and Food Management.
The Leukemia Society Palm Beach Chapter, Palm Beach, FL, 2004 to Present
Coach, Team-In-Training / Team Dietitian
- Provide professional coaching and training for marathon participants with a strong focus on nutrition.
- Facilitate quarterly sports nutrition workshop and provide individual dietary counseling as requested.
The Lynn Cancer Institute West (Aptium Oncology, Inc.) Boca Raton, FL, 1999 to 2008
Director, Program Planning and Development (2004 to 2008)
- Spearheaded new business programs, marketing, and community relations for cancer center inclusive of internal/external communications, brand management, messaging, and development of print materials.
- Played an integral role in budget analysis and development, strategic planning, marketing initiatives, and coordination of video and broadcast activities and materials.
- Drove collaborative efforts between cancer center and Boca Raton Community Hospital to provide joint education events for public and medical staff.
Director, Clinical Operations and Dietitian (1999 to 2004)
- Efficiently steered center s daily clinical operations encompassing policy development related to patient care, in-service education, JCAHO compliance, quality assurance, and management of clinical and administrative employees.
Supervised medical coding and billing of professional and technical services for center.
Professional Experience continued Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Proactively contributed to budgeting, marketing and strategic planning, and developed informative and accurate patient educational materials.
Established, implemented and administered patient nutrition and food service policies and procedures and oversaw nutritional supportive care for Medical and Radiation Oncology patients.
South Florida Comprehensive Cancer Center, (Aptium Oncology, Inc.), 1995 to 1999
Administrative Manager / Dietitian
- Formulated, implemented and enforced policies and procedures related to patient nutrition and food service to optimize and ensure quality control, consistency and compliance.
- Instituted and coordinated quality/performance improvement monitors throughout facility.
- Delivered numerous lectures to community on topics such as cancer prevention and nutrition.
- Administered in-service education as needed to clinical personnel.
- Recipient of President s Plaque from S.E. Florida Chapter of American Society of Health Care Food Service Administrators in 1997 as a result of outstanding performance.
North Ridge Medical Center, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 1993 to 1995
Chief Clinical Dietitian
- Oversaw full-scope dietetic operations for Oncology, Renal, Diabetic, and Cardiac and Hospice patients by devising policies and procedures, supervising department personnel, providing in-service education, and enforcing quality control and compliance.
- Resourcefully introduced new dietary and menu component for computerized information system.
- Demonstrated exemplary communication skills in delivering health/wellness lectures to community, teaching Cardiac Rehab Nutrition Class to patients and providing medical and hospital staff lectures.
- Chosen as Greater Miami Dietitian of the Year, 1994.
- Presented with President s Plaque from Miami Dietetic Association, 1994.
- Winner of Commitment Award from Miami Dietetic Association, 1993.
Adjunct Professor (Nutrition and Food Preparation), Johnson And Wales University
Consulting Dietitian, Tri-County Home Health Care Agency
Assistant Food Service Director / Patient Services Manager, Miami Heart Institute, Miami
M.S., Dietetics and Nutrition Florida International University
B.S., Dietetics and Nutrition Florida State University
A.A., Pre-Dietetics Miami Dade Community College
ADA Registered State of Florida
Personal Fitness Trainer International Fitness Institute
CPTS Candidate International Fitness Institute
Member, ADA (American Dietetic Association):
- SCAN Dietetics Practice Group
- Dietitians in General Clinical Practice Group
- Dietitians in Nutrition Support Practice Group
- Diabetes Care and Education Practice Group
- Oncology Nutrition Practice Group
Member, Florida Dietetic Association
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a (INSERT JOB TITLE) capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I offer a solid background in food and nutrition with proficiency in clinical operations leadership, program development, marketing, teaching, policy and procedure development, and hands-on nutritional counseling. My extensive experience as an educator, advocate, coach and manager will certainly prove immediately beneficial to your organization. To complement these qualifications, I offer outstanding clinical, analytical, coaching, planning and consultative skills.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a highly motivated professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance and leadership attributes. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your company, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!