strong leader and business developer with a proven knowledge of the alternative health, spa, fitness, and holistic industries. visionary with a keen entrepreneurial spirit to be shared with an innovative organization that embraces new trends and stays on the cutting-edge of alternative medicine.
health practitioner / massage therapy / consulting / entrepreneurial spirit / holistic practices
financial management / database management / business development
technical competencies include web design, dreamweaver, photoshop, and indesign.
c.a.r.e. evaluators, los angeles, ca
business consultant, 2008 c present
- collaborate with ceo on determining appropriate solutions to business development concerns.
- support human resources functions including personnel and staffing concerns.
- participate in company matters such as offering subject matter expertise during the organizational restructuring.
- administrate contracts and oversee submission of business proposals.
laguna canyon spa, laguna beach, ca
owner and holistic health practitioner, 2004 c present
- facilitate the operation of an innovative holistic day spa offering therapeutic massage, bodywork, skincare, yoga, pilates, and conscious living workshops for self-improvement and creativity.
- plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of a private entity including formulation of policies, management of daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources, personnel, purchasing, or administrative services.
- develop and implement product marketing strategies such as web site development, advertising campaigns, and sales promotions.
- review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
touch-therapy, aliso viejo, ca
massage therapist, 2001 c 2004
- managed 2 office suites in techspace spa fitness center; secured 2 supporting therapists.
- assessed clients' soft tissue condition, joint quality, muscle strength, and range of motion.
- conferred with clients about their medical histories and problems with stress or pain to determine how massage will be most helpful.
- developed and proposed client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used; applied finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body.
- massaged and kneaded muscles and soft tissues of the body to provide treatment for medical conditions, injuries, or wellness maintenance.
- provided clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation, and rehabilitative exercises.
~ page 1 of 2 ~
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ page 2 of 2
american massage therapy association (amta), aliso viejo, ca
administrator, 2001 c 2006
- oversaw a massive database of 3500 members and 200 non-members of the california chapter of the american massage therapy association; updated, added, and otherwise modified records.
- facilitated office administration functions including tracking certification and continued education of therapists, bookkeeping, and assisting in facilitation of the annual convention.
- interacted often with the board of directors and national chapter relations chair.
buy.com, aliso viejo, ca
business development manager, 1999 c 2001
- selected as the 4th employee of 12 to join the buy.com, an internet startup company.
- pioneered an innovative online ordering and data management software system which significantly contributed to buygolf.com s internet sales exceeding $1mm in only 7 months and the company s subsequent sale to buy.com in 8 months from inception.
z microsystems, san diego, ca
sales/marketing manager, 1995 c 1999
- rolled out 50-60 successful tradeshow exhibits annually in furtherance of sales efforts.
- launched and wrote html coding for company website prior to existence of design software.
the upledger institute, bio-aquatic dolphin assisted therapy (2007) cranial sacral i & ii (2008), and somato emotional release (2009)
healing hands school of holistic health, hhp, 2000
kelsey-jenny business college, medical court reporting 180 wpm certification, 1995
bachelor of arts in political science, new york university, nyc, ny, 1989
activities & awards
american massage therapy association - ca chapter convention coordinator, 2006 c present
coordinate all aspects of the california massage & bodywork convention, an annual education conference that presents 12-20 workshops for massage therapist, physical therapists, and nurses requiring continuing education hours.
savinganimals.com c founder, 1999 c 2001
created an online non-profit network for animal lovers to obtain information, shop, chat, and adopt a rescue pet.
community service award, nyc, ny, 1998
chancellor's service award for bringing community to students and surrounding neighborhood
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
it is with great confidence that i offer my years of executive-level experience and strong ability in financial analysis to your organization. as i pursue the <<position title>> within <<company name>>, i recognize that my credentials and experience would greatly assist in reaching future goals and objectives.
experience as owner and holistic health practitioner in laguna canyon spa is the basis for my confidence that i would be a valuable asset to your organization. my career history consists of vast experience in operations oversight. i consistently communicate the company vision to the internal members of the organization so that everyone understands their role in achieving these goals, ensuring that the action steps are taken to ensure that goals are met and developing action plans to achieve those goals. thereafter, i prepare recommendations for improvements, controls, new methods, and other changes to improve the efficiency of operations.
during my career, i ve gained notable experience leading and training other employees in the appropriate procedures related to business administration. my career covers positions that require coordination of operations of a complex, interrelated, and interdependent nature, where unknowns and numerous contingency factors were involved. with this experience, i formulate policies and procedures relevant to daily operational and special programs based on information of a conceptual nature from varied and complex sources combined with vast knowledge of the principles and techniques of administrative management including organization, planning, staffing, training, budgeting, and reporting.
my aptitude for evaluating complex problems and reviewing related information to develop viable solutions would be of great use to your organization. i welcome more discussion about how my skills can help in meeting the goals and objective of your organization. until then, should you have any additional questions feel free to contact me at your convenience.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!