Highly experienced Transportation Planner & Traffic Engineer
eager to contribute solid teaching experience
toward securing a faculty position with a dynamic Civil Engineering Department.
Delivered numerous lectures on transportation systems, traffic incident management, congestion management, and utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software for transportation planning and urban systems.
Apply professional demeanor toward positively representing the school to the community, playing a key role in building critical relationships.
Able to effectively integrate technology into curricular initiatives to enhance delivery, impact, and comprehension of lessons.
Resourcefully leverage a variety of teaching approaches and strategies to accommodate students diverse learning styles.
Cultivate a supportive and comfortable learning environment to optimize the academic growth of students.
Excel in demonstrating how transportation planning and traffic simulation programs can identify potential solutions to traffic congestion and parking management issues.
Excellent public speaking, teaching, critical thinking, communication and technical skills.
Polytechnic Institute of NYU, Brooklyn, NY, 2004 to Present
Establish strong, respectful and cooperative student relations, essential to maximizing their academic success and transition to a rewarding career.
Teach courses such as:
o Introduction to Transportation Systems
o Introduction of GIS for Urban Systems Engineering
o GIS Applications in Urban Systems Management
o GIS Applications in Transportation Planning
o Traffic Incident Management
Urban ITS Center, Polytechnic Institute of NYU, Brooklyn, NY, 1999 to 2009
Project Manager / Research Associate
- Spearheaded full-scope project and research management focused on applications of ITS in incident management, congestion management, parking guidance systems, and applications of GIS in transportation system planning and urban infrastructures management.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Successfully steered development of NYC coastal evacuation plan, qualified non-recurring delays on New York City s arterial highways, and completed evaluation study to measure effectiveness of adoptive traffic signal control with vehicle priority and preemption in NYC.
- Championed development of innovative real-time solutions for congestion management in Lower Manhattan and Parking Guidance System in downtown Flushing, Queens.
- Investigated and reported on impact of future freight transportation needs on NYC interstates and truck route systems.
- Completed in-depth evaluation of Highway Emergency Local Patrol (HELP) program in New York City and compiled Integrated Incident Management System (IIMS) evaluation plan.
- Researched transportation job access for low-income and public assistance populations.
- Guided planning and development of Advanced Parking Information System for Shea Stadium.
Philip Habib & Associates, New York, NY, 1995 to 1999
Traffic Engineer / Transportation Planner
- Completed comprehensive traffic impact studies focused on network mobility improvement through traffic controls modification.
- Critically analyzed Esplanade on Hudson River from W. 133rd Street to W. 130th Street and facilitated parking design and street marking improvement for Fairway supermarket.
- Played an integral role in projects which included signal timing simulation for the new Columbus Circle, Third Avenue Bridge reconstruction, and Harlem River Corridor Bridge reconstruction traffic study.
- Conducted traffic impact studies for mixed used development (River Center) on West End Avenue and W. 58th Street, Coliseum redevelopment, Peartree Development (Co-op City), and Croton water treatment plan sites during construction phase.
Prior background includes role as Construction Project Manager, Caman Construction & Consulting, Inc., Kew Gardens, NY, 1991 to 1994.
Ph.D., Transportation Planning and Engineering
Polytechnic Institute of New York University, Brooklyn, New York
M.S. Degree in Transportation Planning and Engineering
Polytechnic University, Brooklyn, New York
Integrated B.S. & M.S. Degrees in Architectural Engineering
University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
AutoCAD, ArcGIS, TransCAD, HCS, CORSIM, Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!