Hands-on Project Manager with considerable leadership talents eager to contribute exceptional engineering, facilities development, and contract administration expertise toward supporting a dynamic organization in achieving goals and objectives.
Excel in fabrication, tenant improvement, construction management, and mechanical design; significant skills in navigating full project lifecycle from material lists and estimating, to job tracking and completion. Efficiently coordinate cohesive efforts among subcontractors, suppliers, clients, and construction crew members. Exemplary blend of expertise in process/manufacturing engineering, materials purchasing, structural engineering and steel detailing, quality control, safety compliance, and value engineering. Specialized experience in heavy industrial construction and leveraging alternative materials for upgrades and restoration such as carbon fiber wrap on concrete. Excellent interpersonal, negotiating, and communication skills; fluent in Spanish and Italian.
- For EMC Group, directed, managed, motivated and supervised contractors and vendors on municipal projects ranging in value from $5M to $60M.
- Spearheaded construction and contract administration for U.S.-based Maxx Marketing projects collectively exceeding $75M.
- Innovatively utilized methods such as fiber wrap for concrete restoration and corrosion control as Project Manager for RIINC.
- Oversaw project estimation for $80M CAVX Corporation waterfront initiative, effectively managing code fabrication, all mechanical requirements, controls, and sitework.
- Successfully managed rebuilding of 3 eight-ton furnaces for GAF Corporation.
URS Corporation, 2008 to Present
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Provide QA consultative guidance and direction for $600M Sohar Fertilizer Project built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries at Sohar Industrial Port Area, Sultanate of Oman.
Supervise reinforcement work of equipment structures, process piping support racks, and heavy equipment foundations as well as repair, crack control, and carbon fiber wrap of pre-cast concrete columns and beams.
Apply sharp organizational skills toward maintaining meticulous documentation, monitoring work of construction crews, foremen, contractors and Mitsubishi personal, and verifying consistent conformance to plans, timelines, budgets, and client requirements.
Partner with contractors and Mitsubishi personal in identifying and swiftly resolving deviations or misinterpretations of field documents.
Validate concrete mixes for conformance to design, and sample and test concrete onsite for temperature and slump.
Carefully inspected full-scope repair efforts on pre-cast columns and beams inclusive of crack repair, crack injection, epoxy fill, and carbon fiber wrapping of more than 570 beams.
Professional Experience continued Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
ECM Group, 2006 to 2008
Construction Inspector / Project Manager
- Collaborated with city to plan, coordinate, develop and execute municipal projects such as streets and manufacturing redevelopment including new construction, demolition, and reconstruction of existing facilities.
- Proficiently conducted field inspection and verification, documentation, document control, scheduling, and public relations.
- Prepared construction plans and schedules which emphasized quality control via Key Performance Indicators and featured in-house testing to comply with defined standards.
- Reliably ensured new construction activities met all codes including extensive use of fiber wrapping techniques for seismic upgrading of city and commercial manufacturing facilities.
- Adeptly worked with certifying materials such as concrete, fiber concrete wrap, and asphalt.
Maxx Marketing Ltd., 2002 to 2006
Product Engineer / Project Manager
- Cooperated with local governments to build and manufacture goods for various country requirements.
- Exhibited strong planning capabilities to devise scheduling and tracking system capable of organizing, processing and handling multiple orders from different countries.
- Prepared estimates for factory additions such as structural and miscellaneous steel, site work such as driveways, plumbing components, and HVAC ducting and equipment.
- Contributed to major rehabilitation work of existing facilities involving novel techniques such as fiber wrap for concrete restoration and corrosion control.
- Participated in efforts to establish glass and ceramic line within company.
RIINC / HA C LO / PPM Inc., 1995 to 2002
- Project-managed construction and renovations of industrial plants and service facilities worldwide, facilitating strict compliance with building codes from different municipal agencies as well as writing up contract specs and managing the bidding and award process.
- Seamlessly orchestrated complete retooling and modernization of a metals fabrication plant in Mexico including machinery acquisition, set up, and code compliance.
- Initiated development of key glass manufacturers in Mexico, Colombia, Chile, and Brazil.
- Cultivated strong client relationships to expand current manufacturing facilities translating to $120M+.
IKEA Trading Services, 1990 to 1995
Project Engineer / Consultant
- Managed 6,000 sq. ft. expansion of upholstery plant in North Carolina, successfully within precise timeline and budget parameters.
- Steered 10-ton furnace redesign and rebuild for Mexican glass plant, driving unified efforts with plant personnel to introduce retail line of consumer products.
- Planned, coordinated, developed and implemented sheet glass operation in Mexico to manufacture glass tabletops for consumer market.
- Championed design and construction of 70,000 sq. ft. IKEA showroom in Fontana, California.
Systems Design / Construction Manager, CAVX Corporation
Project Coordinator / Plant Update Consultant, GAF Corporation
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in an project management capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in my resume, I bring to you a solid background in construction project management, seasoned experience in directing multi-million dollar initiatives for commercial, industrial and government clients, and outstanding abilities in steering efficient and unified efforts among all project personnel. To complement these qualifications, I offer exemplary estimating, mechanical engineering/design, documentation, and prioritization skills which are essential as a <insert job title/position>.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance and dedication. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of company>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!