Results-focused leader with strong engineering background and talents in driving business development eager to contribute to the success of a progressive organization.
Well-developed expertise in sales management, custom product development, marketing and market research, program coordination, team-building, and personnel management.
Significant success in uncovering sales opportunities through trade shows and industry events.
Excel in developing and delivering convincing presentations and proposals, negotiating and administering contracts, and delivering matchless customer service.
Adept at interpreting complex documents and diagrams to understand precise customer needs, prepare accurate quotes, and achieve conversion to sale.
Extremely versatile; quickly adapt to new roles, responsibilities, industries, and environments.
Extensive hands-on experience in a machine shop environment; able to safety and properly use lathes, mills, drill presses, band saws and surface grinders, and work to close tolerances.
Canyon Products Inc., 2002 to 2010
CEO and Owner
- Strategically relocated manufacturing facility to reduce overhead and coordinated several process improvements including cellular manufacturing to streamline production operations.
- Researched, selected and installed new software to enhance inventory management and sales data tracking; further improved inventory control by implementing bar code system for all products.
- Expanded company s revenue stream through development and launch of website with eCommerce capability to enable customer purchases via online catalogue.
- Leveraged targeted marketing initiatives to penetrate and win new accounts and identify new channels of distribution.
- Assembled, trained, coached, motivated and led highly talented sales team.
- Championed efforts for company to realize consistent growth of 35%+ per year, and slashed operating costs by 70%.
South Bay Remodeling, 2007 to 2009
- Spearheaded complete spectrum of sales operations from providing quotes for home remodeling projects, to performing complex measurements and preparing contracts.
- Leveraged exceptional technical and mechanical acumen to accurately interpret architectural drawings and blueprints.
At Home Services C Home Depot, 2006 to 2007
- Produced $500K+ in gross sales in less than one year and exhibited proficiency through the sales process inclusive of measurements, calculating price, submitting paperwork for material drop, job overview, obtaining credit, and steering project to successful completion.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Thomson Industries Inc., Systems Division, Port Washington, NY, 1978 to 2002
Program Manager (1999 to 2002)
- Steadily advanced through a series of promotions based on proven performance, loyalty, dedication and achievements.
- Directed full-scope company programs for leading manufacturer of linear motion components, ball bushings, shafting, ball screws, and splines, Nyliner plastic bearings, actuators and linear motion systems.
- Proficiently coordinated, supervised and managed collaborative and cohesive efforts among Sales, Marketing, Sourcing, Distribution, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Marketing departments.
- Directed multiple large OEMs and consistently ensured 100% satisfaction as primary point of contact for customer.
Product Marketing Manager (1996 to 1998)
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical abilities in creating product strategy and determining design of new OEM-level products.
- Successfully heightened staff performance and revenues by creating and implementing sales tools and collateral, training programs, and marketing techniques.
- Leveraged sales and market data to develop business cases and strategic marketing plans for new business and product opportunities.
- Attended industry tradeshows and events to maximize company/product awareness and generate new leads.
Senior Application Engineer (1994 to 1995)
- Contributed significant engineering expertise toward enhancing existing products to align with new application requirements and market demands.
- Proactively assisted engineering and marketing personnel in defining new product specifications.
- Maximized company revenue by providing exemplary pre- and post-sales support.
- Reliably provided critical technical support during sales presentations, product demonstrations and installations.
Prior roles included: Application Engineer; Supervisor of Product Application and Development; and Supervisor of Machine Assembly.
Bachelor of Arts, Business Management C New York Institute Of Technology, Old Westbury, NY
Associate of Engineering Degree, Mechanical Engineering C State University at Farmingdale, NY
Completed several professional development courses in areas such as:
Effective Public Speaking
Microsoft Office, QuickBooks Premiere, SAP, IBM AS400
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a <insert job title/position> capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you substantial experience in the manufacturing industry, outstanding achievements in sales and marketing management, and an exemplary blend of talents in program and project leadership, customer service, and market research. To complement these qualifications, I offer a steadfast commitment to driving continuous improvements which is paramount to optimizing business and market share growth.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a highly motivated professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior self-initiative, unparalleled resourcefulness, and well-honed leadership attributes. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of organization>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!