Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
xxxxxx N 87 St., Unit #0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000
Seasoned Risk Management Professional eager to contribute significant consulting, analytical, and change management expertise toward supporting a dynamic company in fortifying core business processes and operations.
Excel in assisting clients/companies in achieving compliance, and strengthening decision making and strategic planning efforts. Demonstrate a collaborative work approach in supporting existing business improvement initiatives pertaining to internal audit, finance, and shared services functions. Resourcefully design, develop and deliver precise industry-focused solutions to guide companies in enhancing operations vital to improving bottom-line performance and overall shareholder value. Self-directed and dependable with advanced planning, organizational, prioritization, and analytical skills.
- Created and introduced regulatory and compliance best practices for major client, effectively reducing risk of non-compliance and expediting tracking and reporting functions.
Proficiently managed IT controls integration and SOX 404 (Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404) compliance initiatives resulting from a $10B merger and acquisition.
Uncovered $2M in revenue leakage for major client and launched effort to improve revenue recovery for customer revenue management function.
Guided clients in comprehensive business and technology impact analysis of current regulatory tariff structure and in compiling implementation strategy to achieve compliance.
Led client assignment in defining requirements, designing infrastructure and conducting analysis to accurately determine market readiness.
Constructed and implemented controls framework to measurably improve compliance tracking and monitoring for Pinnacle West, also reducing compliance risk, strengthening accountability, and standardizing reporting.
Structured major process redesign effort for Ernst & Young which slashed maintenance turnaround time by 50% and elevated predictive maintenance performance by 35%.
Marsh Risk Consulting, 2007 to Present
VP of Risk Consulting C Enterprise Risk Services
Demonstrate proficiency in risk assessment, infrastructure management and risk mitigation as West Coast Zone leader tasked with integrating, coordinating and delivering enterprise risk-based solutions to clients in diverse industries.
Apply dynamic analytical talents toward conducting extensive risk assessments and developing strategic risk management plans in alignment with corporate plans and capital budgets.
Devise effective solutions to gather, synthesize and assess data related to risk modeling, incidence, loss, exposures, trends and other key metrics.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Pinnacle West/APS, 2005 to 2007
Senior Advisor C Regulatory Compliance and Business Practices
Conducted independent analysis via statistical audit standards and methods for a Commission-ordered audit of billing, metering and meter operations; leveraged findings to establish auditing baseline and compliance procedures.
Adhered to requirements set forth by FERC and WECC in directing operations analysis and regulatory compliance, and ensured timely affiliate transaction reporting.
Supported consulting teams in expeditiously completing Commission-ordered audit.
Established best practices for regulatory compliance by designing and implementing robust analytical tools.
Skillfully assessed organizational design, personnel and equipment utilization, systems, procedures, and policies to influence modifications and minimize operations risk.
Successfully supported senior management by improving critical decision-making efforts through development of a decision optimization strategy and methodology.
KPMG LLP, 2003 to 2005
Manager, Risk Advisory Services
- Championed delivery of assurance and other risk-focused implementations such as Sarbanes-Oxley 404 implementations, revenue enhancement strategies, and compliance monitoring and enforcement.
- Employed solid organizational skills to prepare and administer project plans, maximize revenue, evaluate project and team performance, and conduct engagement deliverable review.
- Actively contributed to increasing company s overall fiscal performance by driving business development campaigns and targeted sales efforts to penetrate key accounts and pursue profitable client development opportunities.
Ernst & Young LLP/Cap Gemini Ernst and Young LLC, 1997 to 2002
Managing Consultant Infrastructure and Business Process Management
- Navigated broad maintenance redesign activities for electric utility and gas industry encompassing new business delivery, work management, planning and scheduling, engineering, measurement, field service operations, and customer access.
- Meticulously analyzed operational and performance gaps to identify and develop recommendations and improvement plans.
- Directed redesign project for global engineering construction company vital to yielding measurable operational improvements and positioning facility as best in class for safety and productivity.
- Employed significant project management expertise to lead client development functions of a business and organizational change strategy for 2nd largest energy services company nationwide.
- Dramatically improved knowledge collaboration, management and retrieval and reuse through innovative design and introduction of risk advisory knowledge micro web for national practice.
MPA Degree (Master of Public Administration), Policy Impact and Regulatory Analysis
University of New Mexico; School of Public Policy and Administration, Albuquerque, NM
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Political Science
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!