highly productive and energetic administrative assistant eager to contribute extensive organizational,
multi-tasking and communication skills toward supporting a dynamic employer in
optimizing bottom-line performance.
proficiency in customer service, executive support, ordering supplies, maintaining confidential files, and coordinating multiple initiatives concurrently.
advanced understanding of medical terminology based on health care background and education.
able to design and manage spreadsheets, forms, graphs, and databases to meticulously track vital business information.
quickly adapt to new roles, responsibilities, environments and software.
proven ability to process a high volume of work without sacrificing quality, and continuously seek out new approaches to streamline and expedite complex administrative and/or operational processes.
excellent technical skills inclusive of microsoft office (word, excel, outlook) and common office equipment and technology.
outstanding blend of interpersonal, communication, analytical and organizational skills.
department of veterans affairs medical center, washington, dc, 2009 to present
- administer wide spectrum of nursing care including taking and recording vital signs and lab specimens, escorting individuals to hospital appointments, meticulously maintaining patient charts, assisting nurses and physicians in various treatments, and providing post-mortem care.
- adeptly use computerized patient record system (cprs) to input patient data.
- provide health education and self-care instructions to patients and family members.
- prepare requisition forms for lab, radiology, and ekgs as indicated by physicians.
life star medical response, washington, dc, 2007 to present
emergency medical technician
deliver emergency medical care inclusive of basic life support, patient assessments, airway management, and administration of oxygen and medication.
- swiftly transport non-emergency or emergency patients to medical facilities and complete required documentation.
aarp placement strategies inc., washington, dc, 2006
administrative assistant (temporary)
- performed broad-scope administrative functions spanning calendar management, report generation, filing, and screening, routing and answering incoming calls for vice president of marketing.
- distributed faxes and mail, scheduled and reserved conference room, and arranged catering services.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy c page 2 of 2
olgoonik, us army research laboratory, adelphi, md, 2006
- served as office secretary and administrator for computational and information sciences directorate comprised of four divisions, a corporate information office and enterprise management center spanning three locations.
- proficiently supported development of project schedules, controlled classified and unclassified documents, ordered office supplies, and used computer software to process time and attendance reports.
- held exclusive control over director and associated directors calendars with authority to make official and social commitments.
- reviewed and accurately edited correspondence, collated statistical and narrative data for use in briefings and reports, and coordinated meetings, special events, and conferences.
- orchestrated travel arrangements through defense travel system encompassing itineraries, airline, hotel/billeting and rental car reservations.
iap world services, walter reed army medical center, washington, dc, 2005 to 2006
word processor ii (contract)
- assisted customers in submitting work orders for photos and graphic illustrations.
- expeditiously processed incoming and outgoing material, maintained comprehensive file system, and scheduled army official photos, group photos and passport photos.
- adeptly used excel application to complete payroll timecards for branch employees, generate weekly ucapers (uniform chart of account personnel utilization system) reports, and process monthly metrics submissions.
- greeted and directed visitors to appropriate staff members or branch chief.
washington nephrology associates, bethesda, md, 2004 to 2005
- leveraged exemplary prioritization skills to drive efficient and seamless medical office operations; received patients, scheduled appointments with doctors, and maintained high-volume medical records.
- monitored, ordered and consistently replenished office supplies in a timely manner.
- typed and distributed letters and medical documents to patients and other physicians.
- tracked weekly dialysis and hospital charges, arranged patient appointments for blood work and hospital procedures, and set up monthly meetings including location for clinic personnel.
washington hospital center, washington, dc, 2000 to 2003
- demonstrated polished communication and interpersonal skills in greeting patients and visitors, answering and routing incoming telephone calls, and promptly responding to patient call bell requests.
- entered patients vital signs on appropriate forms and administered paperwork for patient admissions, discharges and transfers.
- diligently filed comprehensive data such as laboratory, x-ray and progress reports.
- played an integral role in maintaining and/or ordering unit supplies and equipment.
business administration degree (in progress)
prince georges community college, expected completion 2011
certified emergency medical technician
east coast emergency medical service, washington, dc, 2007
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!