brad metzler, ccna,
0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000
results-driven information technology executive eager to contribute superior analytical, technical, and project management skills toward supporting the employer in optimizing operational performance.
more than 13 years of progressive information technology experience, with expertise in infrastructure design and implementation, networking, system upgrades, facilities expansion, and data migration. clearly identify goals, define high-level technical strategies, and capitalize on opportunities to facilitate increased productivity and adaptation of products and services. successfully design, implement, modify, document, and troubleshoot complex technological solutions and processes in line with client-specific needs. effectively install, configure, maintain, and upgrade equipment, software, and network settings. actively support company in maximizing bottom-line profits by effectively negotiating vendor contracts to achieve competitive pricing and terms on systems equipment, services, and outsourced projects. lead top-performing support teams in executing major projects on time and within budget; strategically plan and coordinate departmental workflow and human resources for optimal coverage while containing labor costs. unique blend of organization, time management, communication, and relationship management skills; consistently achieve critical deadlines while maintaining high quality standards.
~ key achievements ~
- assumed responsibility for all executive-level functions including, strategic planning and budget management, following the departure of the cio in 2003.
- successfully managed complete campus network infrastructure upgrade and deployment of cisco voip solution replacing nortel meridian 1 pbx; oversaw design, purchasing, and vendor management; additionally upgraded campus mail system from exchange 2003 to exchange 2010.
- selected to serve as project manager in charge of it and building systems for boise law school construction project.
- implemented remote customer service system (bomgar) for help desk and network tech support of telecommuters and new online program students; increased efficiency, quality, and tracking accuracy by implementing new web-based help desk ticket management system to support remote and online students.
- chosen to act as project manager for several major projects during 2008-2009, including oversight of it/technology infrastructure, building automation, and a/v for newly constructed 70,000 s.f. library and learning center with $1.1m technology grant; also planned and oversaw completion of it infrastructure for new $8m 120-bed student apartment complex.
- completed major relocation of 80 offices to new campus facilities within 2-week timeframe with minimal operational interruption; upgraded core network infrastructure to support new facilities.
- expertly managed migration from windows 2003 to 2008 datacenter; additionally managed phase 2 of data center hvac/cooling upgrade to mitsubishi city multi system.
- managed comprehensive datacenter remodeling project, including hvac, power, fire suppression, and structured cabling upgrades; virtualized 80% of datacenter with vmware infrastructure, oversaw installation of statx dry fire suppression system for datacenter, and introduced generator power backup solution for datacenter.
- contributed to campus safety and security by implementing ip video security system (30 axis ip cameras on axis camera station and lenel onguard video) and later upgrading campus id card/badge from amag to hid iclass touchless smart card security system on lenel onguard.
- upgraded isdn video conferencing network and equipment to ip at 6 sites in 1 week, including all purchasing, installation, travel, and vendor trade-in processing.
- as network administrator, purchased and deployed first 100 campus computers, and designed and implemented first campus-wide ethernet/fiber optic network, internet connection, email, and web services.
concordia university, portland, or 1997 c present
director of its infrastructure (2000 c present)
network administrator (1997 c 2000)
- in recognition of outstanding performance, quickly progressed within the university to attain position entrusted with responsibility for all electronic and network systems for campus with 2000 students and 250 employees.
- direct 10-member interdisciplinary team including network admins, technicians, help desk, and web development staff in all aspects of day-to-day activity.
- cost-effectively administer $600k annual its infrastructure opex budget and manage all vendor relations, including sourcing and contract negotiations.
- drive multiple concurrent system upgrades, improvement projects, and preventive maintenance efforts to ensure optimal performance of all systems and components.
- expertly manage isdn video conferencing network and equipment for distance education program.
~ community activity & affiliations ~
member / air safety foundation contributor, airplane owners and pilots association (aopa) 2000 c present
member, united states parachute association (uspa) 2005 c present
member / former managing director, helping pawz association of vancouver, bc 2003 c 2009
concordia university c school of management, portland, or 1999
bachelor of arts in business administration, marketing emphasis
~ professional development & certifications ~
cisco certified network associate (ccna) 2003
interconnecting cisco networking devices (icnd) certification 2003
advanced coldfusion development certification 2000
studies in electrical engineering, university of portland, portland, or 1995
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!