productive, quality-oriented administrative professional eager to contribute exceptional business support, project management, and interpersonal relation skills toward optimizing operations of a progressive organization. 15+ years of proven success in bookkeeping, office administration, and financial management. spearhead vision, strategy, and execution of administrative assistant and financial operations. highly analytical with strong knowledge of accounting, able to prepare financial records with great accuracy and precision. maintain record of accounts payable, bank deposits, general ledgers, assets, liabilities, and profit/loss expenses. intuitive leader with astute ability to analyze business trends, financial commitments, and obligations, to ensure the continuance of corporate growth.
core competencies include:
fiscal responsibility / general account ledgers / report processing / leadership & teambuilding
accounts payable / bank account reconciliations / financial systems and controls
technical competencies: kronos iseries version 5, sct banner software, peachtree accounting, excel 2000, microsoft word 2000, turbo tax, 10-key, microsoft powerpoint, microsoft outlook, sage businessworks accounting 12.2,quickbooks, sap, and tcic/ncic
administrative assistant, 2008 c present
kelly services (bp refinery), texas city, tx
- implement organizational skills to complete general clerical duties including file management, tracking and scheduling meetings, and providing information to internal staff as needed.
- contribute to the internal efficiency by supporting efforts such as restructuring of j drive files and assisting in the process necessary to define share point system parameters.
- assess the accuracy and integrity of files and documents and take the appropriate action to resolve discrepancies.
administrative assistant, 2007 c 2008
itc (valero refinery texas city), pasadena, tx
- utilized accuracy and attention to detail to reconcile purchase order numbers, line items, and work order numbers.
- engaged in various functions including allocation of hours, invoice reconciliation, and addressing vendors concerns about payment quickly.
- incorporated knowledge of sap to track equipment and 3rd party materials for 30+ vendors.
itc (shell refinery deer park), pasadena, tx
- integrated mastery of sap platform to requisition and process orders for materials.
- engaged in timekeeping and headcount functions for site overhead contractors.
accounting clerk, 2007
kelly services (valero refinery texas city), houston, tx
- accurately verified 30+ vendor invoices and input into appropriate systems and ensure timely and accurate payment of vendor invoices.
- reconciled vendor accounts, corrected purchase order numbers, line items, and taxable items.
- responded promptly and professionally to internal and external inquires regarding supplier vendor invoices paid or unpaid.
- assisted with reconciling accounts in the gr/ir report and maintained all applicable files.
alarm coordinator / payroll records specialist, 1999 c 2007
city of galveston police department, galveston, tx
- processed employee time and payroll data for 200+ staff members; computed employees' time worked, posted wages and deductions relying on the accuracy of payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- verified, and processed forms and documentation for administration of compensation such as raises, promotions, incentives pay, payment encumbrances, and worker s compensation benefits.
- engaged in multiple personnel management functions including posting vacancy announcements, submitting new hires to hr, tracking officer seniority, retirement schedules, and projected payouts.
- reviewed time sheets, work charts, wage computations, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- implemented knowledge of kronos to accurately track and maintain scheduling of police personnel; recorded and submitted division changes.
- effectively managed and procured office supplies to ensure optimal efficiency of administrative operations; processed purchase orders and alarm permits.
bookkeeper, 1992 c 1998
metal specialties, inc., odessa, tx
- performed any combination of routine calculating and posting duties to obtain primary financial data including a/r and petty cash reconciliation.
- debited, credited, and totaled general ledger accounts; verified the accuracy of timekeeping figures and processed payroll calculations in peachtree accounting.
- compiled quarterly and annual tax reports, based on estimated revenues, expenses, and previous budgets for month and year-end closing.
***additional experience as assistant manager/bookkeeper for dmc management***
american commercial college graduate, odessa, tx, 1992 to 1994
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!