dedicated, collaborative, and student-focused educator eager to secure opportunity as head of english department at st. peter s catholic high school where a solid background in teaching english and literacy
will provide an immediate and positive impact to the students of st. peter s.
reputation for substantial leadership and problem resolution expertise.
considerable strengths in curriculum design/development, classroom management, youth/character development, and parent relations.
strategically employ a broad range of teaching strategies to accommodate students diverse needs, learning styles, cultures, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
able to effectively integrate technology into curricular initiatives to enhance delivery, impact, and comprehension of lessons; knowledgeable and experienced in smartboard instruction.
excel in applying effective literacy development strategies to enhance student understanding.
substantial involvement in extracurricular activities spanning athletics, arts, fundraising, and leisure.
as eqao scorer, personally graded over 4,500 grade 10 literacy tests from students across ontario.
st. peter s catholic high school, ottawa, ontario, 2005 to present
teacher, grades 9 11 (2009 to present)
- demonstrate exemplary versatility in teaching grade 11 college english, grade 11 anthropology, and grades 9 and 10 academic english.
- serve as assistant coach of alpine ski team and track and field team.
- supervise ski club, coffee house, and school dances.
- adeptly provide literacy coaching for grade 10 literacy test preparation.
teacher, grades 9 11 (2007 to 2009)
- proficiently administered curriculum for grade 11 university english, grade 11 college english, grade 11 anthropology, grade 9 and 10 academic english, and grade 10 religion.
- taught grade 12 university english for 2008 summer school program.
- supervised ski club, coffee house and school dances.
- functioned as assistant coach of alpine ski team and track and field team.
- served as member of grad retreat committee.
- held role as literacy coach for grade 10 literacy test preparation.
teacher, grades 9 11 (2006 to 2007)
- taught grade 10 academic history, grade 10 careers, grade 9 academic english, and grade 11 anthropology, while utilizing strong time management skills to supervise st. peter s ski club and co-coach alpine ski team and track and field team.
- actively served as member of grad planning & fundraising committee and grad retreat committee.
teacher, 9 11 (2005 to 2006)
- taught social sciences curriculum such as grade 11 and 12 law, grade 11 sociology, grade 11 anthropology, and grade 9 religion.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ page 2 of 2
- proactively designed and developed new units and lesson plans, supervised final examinations, and documented/evaluated student progress.
- planned and coordinated dry-land and on-hill training for alpine ski team as assistant coach.
- spearheaded knight of rock school fundraising program.
- quickly mastered esis attendance system, first class email software and e-class evaluation system.
- supervised ski club activities, charity events, and school dances.
all saints high school, ottawa, ontario, 2005
- designed and taught grade 10 academic and applied english and grade 9 religion as lto (long-term occasional) teacher.
- monitored and evaluated student progress and provided feedback to optimize academic success.
- attended department meetings and meet the teacher evenings, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to establishing strong relationships with parents, community members, and colleagues.
- exhibited a passion for extracurricular involvement by co-coaching varsity swim team, serving on creative arts committee, and supervising school dances.
all saints high school, kanata, ontario, 2005
student teacher, grade 9, grade 11
- delivered curriculum for grade 11 university preparation english and grade 9 academic english while co-coaching basketball and swim teams.
- partnered with mentor teacher in formulating curriculum and lesson plans and provided coverage during absences.
sacred heart high school, stittsville, ontario, 2004
student teacher, grade 11 12
- taught english media and english classes while collaboratively designing innovative curriculum and lesson plans and actively participating in mentoring and motivating struggling students.
- graded tests and assignments, drove unified efforts among teachers/staff and parents, and assisted with fundraising initiatives, dances, and talents shows.
additional experience includes role as grade 8 literacy / numeracy teacher, st. pius x catholic high school, summer school continuing education, 2009.
bachelor of education, english and history university of ottawa, 2005
bachelor of arts, english with high honours carleton university, 2004
participant, ideas conference, eosdn (eastern ontario staff development network), 2010
grade 10 literacy test scorer, ministry of ontario, eqao, 2010
ocsb school board sip (school improvement plan) in-service training, 2010
introduction to leadership (course administered by ocsb), 2009 to 2010
participant, ocsb, eosdn engaging students in assessment and evaluation , 2009
pathways to literacy committee, 2009
● ontario college of teachers certification ● coaching certification level 1
● red cross water safety and n.l.s. certification ● current c.p.r. level "c"
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!