~ Solutions-focused and bilingual (English/Spanish) Administrative Specialist eager to contribute talents toward supporting a dynamic organization in optimizing bottom-line productivity. ~
Substantial administrative experience with particular strengths in hospital and medical office operations.
Working knowledge of medical terminology, CPT codes, and health insurance providers.
Outstanding expertise in expense tracking and reporting, accounting, vendor relations, client service, troubleshooting, and project coordination.
Reputation for professionalism, communication skills, integrity, commitment to confidentiality, and a team player work approach.
Extremely versatile; quickly adapt to new roles, responsibilities, software, and environments.
Proficiency in common office software; able to create and manage spreadsheets, forms, and databases to meticulously track vital information.
Proven ability to process a high volume of work without sacrificing quality, and continuously seek out new approaches to streamline and expedite daily administrative processes.
Cancer Centers of Florida, 2009 to 2010
Patient Financial Counselor
Performed broad-scope administrative functions with an emphasis in scheduling patient appointments, verifying insurance coverage, acquiring authorizations for patients prior to visit/treatment, and responding to financial/payment inquiries from patients.
Appropriately routed incoming calls, maintained medical records, conducted intake process for new patients and entered data into Tiger system.
Reviewed and effectively explained estimated fees, available coverage and reimbursement process with patient/family, and suggested payment options and schedule.
Florida Hospital, 2006 to 2009
Office Support Specialist C Medicaid Team (2007 to 2009)
Applied sharp multi-tasking expertise toward seamlessly coordinating Medicaid benefits with patient advocates and DCF representatives.
Contacted patients for additional documentation needed for applications, validated and entered application data into Medicaid Access website, and successfully increased Medicaid revenue by $47M in 2008.
Patient Financial Counselor (2006 to 2007)
- Demonstrated exemplary interpersonal skills in assisting patients with little or zero insurance coverage in exploring and determining payment arrangements.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Assessed and pre-qualified uninsured patients for county, State and Federal financial assistance programs.
- Teamed with Physician Office, Case Manager, Patient Accounting, Nursing, Medical Records, Registration, and Pre-Certification Coordinator to expedite patient s assessment and assistance.
HD Supply/Hughes Supply Orlando, FL, 2004 to 2006
System Support Analyst I C Help Desk Call Center
Cooperated with several IT departments to set up PCs and printers for branch moves and openings.
Documented and tracked customer issues through to resolution, consistently ensuring first-rate satisfaction.
Referenced established procedures and available tools in providing Level I technical support and problem resolution.
Provided prompt customer service and support to HD Supply internal users of point of sale (POS) applications spanning 430+ company locations.
Accounts Receivable Support Specialist C Tax Maintenance/Data Rationalization Team
- Played an active role in completing data conversion projects by performing accounts receivable, resolving open deduction/overpayments of sales tax, and rectifying issues on tax exemption forms.
- Performed wide-ranging administrative tasks in Tax Maintenance Department.
- Compiled and submitted individual statistics and productivity information to department heads concerning project completion percentages.
S.G. Cowen Securities New York, NY, 2001 to 2003
SEC Documents Research Representative
- Diligently researched and gathered SEC financial documents for upcoming pitch deals and projects and courteously responded to client technical issues with document retrieval software.
- Decisively introduced new document retention policy to enhance retrieval and retention of completed deal files.
Prior Administrative Roles/Background:
Cowen & Co. / Merrill Corp. New York, NY
Temporary Alternatives, New York, NY
St. Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY
Lutheran Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook), Profi C, Sunbelt, Eclipse, HSHIMS and AIISG systems, Electronic Data Interchange, (EDI) EdgarPro, Lexus Nexus, MedE, Eagle, Sunport, Cernerworks, Tiger System, IMPAC System, ManageMed
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDSTI) Windows XP
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!