Seasoned Network Administrator eager to contribute exceptional technical support background toward actively collaborating with a dynamic organization in optimizing productivity and performance.
Offer 15 years of IT experience encompassing LAN/WAN administration, server set up and maintenance, and workstation troubleshooting and management.
Adept at desktop diagnostics and performance tuning, applying disaster recovery strategies to safeguard vital information, defining and implementing IT security policies and procedures, and delivering prompt and knowledgeable technical support.
Exemplary capabilities in scrutinizing, diagnosing and rectifying complex technical errors and issues, thoroughly documenting procedures, and delivering technology training and instruction to end users.
Excel at installing and maintaining cutting-edge hardware, software, and peripherals.
Highly collaborative with outstanding problem solving, customer service and analytical thinking abilities.
Considerable skills in project management, team-building, and end user relations.
Skilled at standardizing IT processes to markedly improve organizational performance.
AEM Corporation, 2007 to Present
Senior Communications Specialist
- Spearhead full spectrum of technical support activities for Electronic Navy Housing (eNH) Intranet which serves United States Navy and Marine Corps.
- Travel to customer sites to provide end user training and support, analyze and test system upgrades, and validate success of fixes.
- Play an integral role in defining requirements and policies for procurement of computer equipment.
- Implement Symantec Backup Exec and create disaster recovery plan for corporate network.
- Proficiently administer Windows 2003/2008 servers by setting up, configuring and supporting user roles, rights and access.
- Configure laptops and desktops to enable network access inclusive of testing and implementing whole drive encryption for mobile computing systems.
- Implement DoD-compliant mobile media encryption devices to safeguard confidential data via IronKey protected devices.
- Actively contribute to ensuring strict compliance with CMMI requirements and SOPs.
A.J. Upgrades, LLC, 2001 to 2007
System / Network Engineer
- Effectively supported broad-scope technology systems for multiple federal credit unions and several area businesses, exhibiting outstanding expertise in hardware acquisition and installation, vendor relations, network security, and support of proprietary applications critical to daily credit union operations.
- Championed flawless upgrade for all desktop systems from Windows 98 to 2000/XP.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Set up and configured network computers with Windows 2000/XP operating system and subsequently integrated computers and applications into proprietary processing service and Novell IP-based network.
- Expeditiously coordinated and managed turnkey relocation and installation of credit union processing network and servers to new locations, successfully realizing zero downtime.
- Assessed, planned, installed and updated relevant Office of Homeland Security applications.
Baker & McKenzie, Washington DC, 2000 to 2001
Network Administrator / Engineer
- Efficiently supported nine NT 4.0 servers in an enterprise IP environment by skillfully applying service packs and hotfixes and administering nightly Symantec Backup Exec system protection procedures.
- Configured and administered users, home directories, shares, groups, and Multi-Server UPS Cluster.
- Set up and configured 9,000 racks and organized a server room to maintain a clean lab.
- Custom-built Norton Anti-Virus Enterprise Server 7.5 and rolled out total anti-virus solution to servers and desktops.
- Completed seamless migration from Banyan NetPrint IP to HP JetDirect print server.
- Established cloning standard and resourcefully created new desktop image for cloning purposes.
- Replaced deficient LAN cabling where needed with CAT5 and cleaned up 110 punch-down blocks in LAN closets and LAN room.
- Developed comprehensive Windows 2000 Professional image for beta testing prior to roll-out.
TechLaw, Inc., Bethesda, MD/Philadelphia, PA, 1997 to 1999
Network Administrator / Jr. Network Engineer
- Provided outstanding support services to 75 clients nationwide with an emphasis in configuration and maintenance of PCs on Novell and Windows platforms.
- Mirrored and ghosted PCs in final stages of roll-out on network upgrades.
- Configured Windows NT for use on Novell 4.11 network, installed network application software for multi-user access, and assigned user rights and security.
- Installed and provided technical support for numerous applications including Citrix, PC Anywhere, NetWare Connect, SQL 6.5/7.0, Lotus Notes, GroupWise, Interface Interaction, I-manage, Client32, Snapshot, Winapps and more.
- Demonstrated advanced PC repair skills to analyze, diagnose and replace hard drives, motherboards, raiser cards, multi I/O cards, power supplies, and NIC cards.
Network Administrator, Metro Technologies, Manassas, VA / Washington, DC
PC Technician, K.N.R. Systems, Chantilly, VA
Associate of Arts in Information Technology (in progress), University of Phoenix,
anticipated completion April, 2011 Current GPA: 3.93
VMware and Virtualization Boot Camp, 2009
Information Management Network Engineering, ATI School of Computer Science & Information Management, Falls Church, VA, 1997
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!