Dynamic Sales and Marketing Manager with exceptional promotions development experience eager to contribute talents toward supporting the employer in optimizing revenue growth, market share, and profits.
Proficiency in sales and marketing management, advertising, competitive analysis, forecasting, P&L, budget administration, and customer relationship management. Excel in establishing rapport with prospects, and forging, nurturing and maintaining strong relationships vital to optimizing business development and retention. Exhibit an outgoing and competitive personality which can be leveraged to generate new business, expand market share, and confidently conduct C-level sales negotiations. Versatile and resourceful; quickly adapt to new roles, responsibilities, industries, technologies, and environments. Actively analyze industry, emerging products, and market trends to plan strategies, effectively promote products, coordinate special events, and devise appropriate sales and marketing plans. Excellent reputation for longevity, stability, dedication, and energy.
- Dramatically increased sales from club accounts 247% in one year for Image Entertainment.
Led efforts to grow revenues from Amazon.com account by 25% for Image Entertainment; captured $1.7M revenue increase and considerable percentage margin improvement through effective contract negotiations and creative marketing promotions.
Pursued, negotiated and landed key accounts including Overstock.com.
Resourcefully designed and directed new promotional program to advance monthly product sales on a slowed product line from $17K to $100K+, an increase of 488%.
Recognized as Label Partner Of The Year for Western Division by Universal Music & Video Distribution.
Triangle Labs, Inc., Carson City, NV, 2008 to Present
- Spearhead production and assembly operations for industrial technology manufacturer.
Aflac, Los Angeles, CA, 2008
Agent / Consultant
- Applied dynamic sales savvy to facilitate B2B and direct marketing, sales and servicing of supplemental insurance.
Heartland Payment Systems, Los Angeles, CA, 2007 to 2008
- Drove sales and marketing activities for financial services encompassing payroll, credit/debit card processing, check services, eCommerce services, and restaurant management solutions.
Sara s Specialties & GCN Distribution, Los Angeles, CA, 2006 to 2008
Marketing and Sales Manager
- Directed sales and marketing efforts to strengthen bottom-line performance for gifts, collectibles and novelties through Internet and catalog channels.
Professional Experience continued Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Image Entertainment, Los Angeles, CA, 2004 to 2006
Senior Director of Sales, Catalog Division (2005 to 2006)
- Demonstrated exemplary organizational skills in steering sales and marketing efforts for CDs and DVDs.
- Assembled comprehensive sales and marketing plans, directed sales analysis team, administered P&L, analyzed contract terms and conditions, and conducted negotiations with licensors.
- Orchestrated account-specific programs and promotions to boost overall sales performance.
- Consistently exceeded monthly division target sales goals by between $2M and $3M.
Director of Sales, Western Region (2004 to 2005)
- Proactively established, fortified and maintained relationships with national, regional and local accounts including Amazon, Fred Meyer, Best Buy, Overstock, as well as brokers and distributors like SuperD.
- Championed development of account-specific programs, promotions and advertising campaigns to drive sales to accounts, optimize price and position, and stimulate consumer sell-through.
- Developed national club accounts such as Costco, Sam s Club, and BJ s translating to $4M+ annually.
Universal Motown Records Group, Los Angeles, CA, 1996 to 2004
West Coast Regional Sales Manager (2000 to 2004)
- Achieved excellent sales results by performing frequent trend analysis and developing and maintaining strong relationships with national, regional and local accounts and distributors inclusive of Amazon.com, Fred Meyer, Tower Records, and Virgin Records.
- Represented manufacturer with UMVD distribution branches, efficiently directing field sales and marketing efforts on behalf of company.
- Tenaciously executed marketing plans to optimize visibility and in-store product price and positioning.
- Determined and coordinated special promotional opportunities, in-store appearances, and contests to elevate customer traffic at key accounts and grow sales.
Promotion and Marketing Manager, Los Angeles (1996 to 2000)
- Cultivated effective relationships with broadcast outlets, radio, TV, and online media companies to secure airplay and exposure for UMRG music releases.
- Successfully supported airplay, tour appearances and other exposure and publicity in the marketplace in close cooperation with leading retail stores.
- Innovatively created and launched promotions, contests and added-value premiums to enhance exposure and elevate sales.
Prior Background includes:
Target Entertainment Corp. / Tour Consulting Services (TCS), 1994 to 1996
Artist Development and Touring Consultant, Los Angeles
SBK/Chrysalis/EMI Records, Los Angeles, CA, 1989 to 1994
National Director, Artist Development and Touring
Regional Promotion and Marketing Manager, West Coast
B.S. Degree, Communications; Radio, TV, Video, and Film C Excelsior College, Albany, New York
A.A. Degree, Broadcasting and Business C Foothill College, Los Altos Hills, California
Universal Music & Video Distribution Training C Universal College of Marketing and Sales, California
Corporate Membership Committee and Ambassador, Chamber of Commerce
Member, The Valley Industrial Association (VIA)
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a sales and marketing management capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in the accompanying resume, I bring to you a significant background in sales management and new business development, well-developed expertise in key account penetration and development, and a solid ability to analyze revenue growth opportunities and conduct high-dollar negotiations to close the deal. To complement these qualifications, I offer exemplary organizational, prioritization, presentation and relationship-building skills which are paramount as a Sales & Marketing Manager.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a driven professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance, integrity, dedication and initiative. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of organization>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Interviewer s Name
It was a pleasure (speaking with you/meeting with you) on [insert date here]. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you spent with me, as well as to express my appreciation for the information you offered. I am still very interested in the [insert name of position] position, and I am convinced that it is the right job for me. I feel my background and qualifications prepare me well for the responsibilities we discussed.
The position as you described it to me would combine my strong skills in [insert two skills or qualities here]. This would allow me to make the same valuable contribution to your organization as I ve made to my past employers a win-win proposition for both of us.
(Choose one of the two paragraphs below, depending on whether or not you have, or have not yet, interviewed with the person)
(I am eager to meet with you in person to further discuss my background and qualifications. Please feel free to contact me at the above phone numbers so we can continue the discussion we began over the telephone.)
(Again, thank you for considering my qualifications. I enjoyed our talk, and am available at any time to provide you with any more information you may need. I look forward to hearing your decision.)
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!